We’re Hiring! Come Join Our Team
We are excited to announce that we are currently hiring for an Operations, Principal to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky and help in our efforts in building a more inclusive and creative economy! We are hoping to add this person to the team in the next 60 days, with the goal of adding a fresh, new perspective to our existing team.
This person we are hiring has an opportunity as a Principal to support our finance and operations. You are split between process-driven support and free-flowing analysis of internal operations, financial management, human resources and project management. That means you are able to jump into the finance and accounting needs of our organization, while also juggling a stream of tasks related to compliance, technology, human resources, and reporting.
Access Ventures was founded in 2014 with a mission to build a more creative and inclusive economy. To us, building a more inclusive economy means working to ensure the economy functions for all people, and that all people have the financial mobility to pursue their visions for themselves and their communities. We believe true inclusion involves seeing all people, of diverse identities and backgrounds, as valuable and offering unique contributions to our communities and economies.
Our investments are centered around the belief that the economy is not just an engine for an industry, but an opportunity to demonstrate the inalienable dignity of all humans. We envision an economic environment guided not by narrow-minded self-interest, but by the pursuit of equitably distributed growth opportunities–opportunities that provide upward mobility to every citizen.
When you are ready to apply, the first step is to fill out this form, and we will let you know if you have been selected for a phone interview. We will leave the application open and evaluate applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Learn more about the Operations, Principal position below:
- Be the person behind the scenes to ensure our operations run smoothly and as intended
- Oversee all administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continue developing and improving systems.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements and key performance metrics to Access Ventures’s leadership team
- Support budget and forecasting needs of existing operations as well as proposed opportunities.
- Coordinate activities associated with third party accountants – including financial statement activities and preparation of IRS filings.
- Be responsible for the performance and maintenance of the organization’s physical assets (including real estate, inventories, and equipment).
- Hire and oversee support staff as needed in the future.
- Work alongside the Managing Partner in supporting team meetings, project implementations, and internal communications.
- A curious-minded person with 5 years of experience of operations experience.
- A person that knows their way around excel and can use it efficiently to tell the data story behind a project.
- Not shy about debits and credits, financial statement creation and analysis. Accounting experience preferred.
- Able to think critically, at a fast pace, both in areas of tremendous and novice experience to provide valuable opinions to the group at large.
- A guide and adviser who can engage executive level partners to build their support and evolve their points-of-view.
- A systems thinker, who toggles seamlessly between big-picture strategic conversations and rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- A collaborator by nature, able to bring out the best in your teammates and willing to be challenged by them in return.
- A communicator and connector who shares information fluidly and facilitates dialogue.
- An educated individual with a BA/BS with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or management.
We desire to build a team that represents many perspectives, skills, and experiences. We’re seeking creative problem solvers from a wide range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds that enrich our ability to deliver human-centered solutions for a more inclusive economy.